Top food blogs

Monday, December 14, 2009

Qovoq manti (Manti with pumpkin)


I have posted one recipe of Manti with meat, and today I am making Qovoq manti. Actually we make manti with different fillings, meat (lamb or beef), pumpkin, potato and with greens (spinach). Sometimes I experiment with cottage cheese also:) Make sure that you buy very sweet pumpkin for manti, or add some sugar.
Ingredients:
Dough for this manti is the same with Gushtli manti.
For filling:
400 gr of pumpkin, peeled and cut in small cubes
3 onions, peeled and sliced
Half tbsp of sugar (if your pumpkin is not sweet enough)
4 tbsp of butter
Salt, pepper, ground coriander as taste
100 gr of lamb's tail fat, cut in small cubes
Sour cream and fresh chopped coriander leaves for serving
While your dough is resting, make filling, melt the butter in pot, add onions and fry until soft, add in salt, sugar and mix well. Take from the heat, add as hot in cubed pumpkin. Mix together with pepper and ground coriander.
Roll up dough in thin, flat round, cut in to the 2x2 inch square pieces. Put 1 tbsp of filling and 2-3 cubes of lamb's tail fat into each square, pinch corner to corner, and again pinch edges. Grease your steamer sheets and place Mantis in it. Cook for 40 min. Serve it with sour cream and coriander. Yummm!!!
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank my followers for their support:)
    I will be posting new and finger licking recipes every day for you! If you will have some questions, just let me know, I will answer you soon.

    ReplyDelete